Sunday, March 11, 2007

I am a child

'' The first draft is the child's draft...''

An hour ago, I realized that I had to sit and write an essay about this sentence above( but I was thinking about this five days ago).
First I took a piece of paper and I started writing and writing. When after fifteen minutes I looked at the paper it looked like it was written by some child. Then I realized it was my child's draft and that's what I'm writing about.I wouldn't be able to write this homework without writing the first draft which is a child's draft.
I realy liked this sentence about the child's darft. When I'm happy or sad I like to sit and to write a poem or something like that. First I take a piece of paper and I put all my feelings on it. But my first draft is always just a child's draft. It looks funny but it helps me. Sometimes, if I'm writing some story or essay my second- draft could also be child's draft but a draft which is readable. So, I don't think I can write anything without first draft, which is always the child's draft.
In child's draft we are writing whatever we want , we are putting everything we want on paper, all our dreams, thoughts, fears, we know that nobody is going to see it , that's why we don't care, we just keep writing. No matter how old we are we are acting like children and very often I laugh while I'm reading my first draft, my child's draft. But it always helps me eventhough when I'm writing a poem, so I can understand Anne perfectly.
Now, I'm trying to imagine how her child's draft for this text looked like. I supposed it helped her a lot and that the best things in this text are from that draft.
I think that child's draft is root of everything what comes after because very first and very original ideas are written on it and everything begins from it. I don't think that anyone can just sit down and write a book or even an essay from first attempt. It always has to be the first draft or you are a genius if you can write something without first draft.
If you had seen my first draft for this homework, you would have laughed. But after writing that silly first draft everything became much easier for me. I took that draft, corrected it and I typed it.
So, my conclusion is that nobody can write anything without child's draft.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like how you connect your own writing experience with the reading. You really seem to understand the purpose and meaning of "child's draft."